Tubbease Equine Hoof Sock
- Availability: 4
- Product Code: Tubbease Equine Hoof Sock
- Product viewed: 2793
THE TUBBEASE EQUINE HOOF SOCK PROVIDES THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION TO A VARIETY OF COMMON HOOF AILMENTS
Explore the many benefits Tubbease offers you and your equine.
The Tubbease Hoof Sock is a revolutionary solution for a variety of equine hoof problems including laminitis and abscesses. The simple, breathable design can be used for tubbing or soaking, or in conjunction with hoof dressings and poultices.
Tubbease was developed in New Zealand by Cambridge farrier Erin Hampson-Tindale. Erin was trying to solve the problem of poulticing hooves without 'stewing' them, as happened with most regular 'sealed' boots he used. So Erin created this rubber-dipped sock which 'breathes' whilst still protecting and soaking the damaged hoof. This 'breathability' prevents the hoof going soft during the treatment period. A thick EVA sole pad relieves pain for the horse and extends the life of the Tubbease. Various remedies can be used under the sock for ailments such as abscess, thrush, seedy toe, thin sole, injuries, cracks and general deterioration. Tubbease is a Registered Design, No NZ 417646. NB: Tubbease should always be secured with the velcro strap supplied. A bandage is not suitable or adequate.
- Other sealed poultice and soaking boots can prevent the hoof from breathing which in turn, softens the hoof and inhibits the healing process. Tubbease’ PVC-moulded hoof sock 'breathes' whilst still protecting and soaking the damaged hoof, and can be quickly and easily applied without the need for dressings and tape. Tubbease is also reusable.
- Tubbease provides the ultimate solution to a variety of common hoof ailments including laminitis, abscess, seedy toe, thrush, thin soles and compromised or damaged hooves. The PVC-moulded sock allows the use of a variety of remedies and can also be used over hoof wraps and dressings for additional protection and cleanliness in wet or muddy conditions.
- Let’s face it – conventional treatment of hoof ailments can be stressful for both horse and handler. Tubbing, dressing and wrapping can prove difficult, time-consuming and unsustainable. Tubbease offers simple application and consistency of treatment regardless of user experience and ability. The sleek, simple design ensures a snug and comfortable fit for your horse without the need for additional dressing and wrapping.
- An easily concocted remedy for most hoof infections is two tablespoons of zinc sulphate (available at a chemist or vet) mixed into one litre of water. Epsom salts or diluted Betodine can also be used depending on problem being treated.
Tubbease is the ultimate aid for your equine veterinary kit. Equip your stable today to combat hoof problems before they get the better of you and your horse.
Note: The Tubbease is NOT suitable for working/ridden horses. Designed for confined use - small paddock, stable or yard.
For a demonstration video of how to use Tubbease please click here https://youtu.be/ncCRoQXg65I
HOW TO MEASURE
Simply measure the longest diameter of the hoof sole (shown in the images). This could be width or length depending on the hoof shape. The hoof measurement must then be fitted within one of the five Tubbease sizes available (dimensions indicate the maximum internal diameter of the Tubbease boot). Remember - Tubbease must always be fitted snug to prevent the hoof sock from falling off.